Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 00:05 +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> To give it a start (and finally establish the infrastructure), I
>> copied/reformatted some existing examples and created a simple,
>> self-contained build system around them. The directory structure would
>> be as I suggested:
>>
>> /examples/native/...
>> /examples/posix/...
>> /examples/...
>> /examples/rtdm/generic/...
>> /examples/rtdm/serial/...
>> /examples/rtdm/...
>>
>> I derived a generic Makefiles from my own one for tests (which was in
>> turn derived from previous work by Hannes Mayer). It can compile a given
>> list of user space applications and kernel modules (2.4 and 2.6)
>
> The 2.4 section looks x86-dependent. Compiling out-of-tree modules with
> 2.4 over ppc would require a bit more magic to find the actual flags
> needed.

It's just the arch-independent set of flags. And, yes, this happens to
work for good old x86. :)

We have a nice but complex flag catcher in RTnet (I think it was once
developed for RTAI), but I really wanted to keep this simple. Still, any
patches/hints about additionally required flags for PPC are welcome!

>> against
>> some Xenomai installation (make XENO=..., unless xeno-config is already
>> in $PATH) or a Xenomai-kernel (make KSRC=...). Moreover, there is simple
>> Makefile under /examples just to kick building/cleaning of all subdirs
>> at once.
>>
>> If it's OK for everyone, I would check this into trunk. We could then
>> migrate existing demo code and snippets over and add new stuff as it
>> pops up, both hopefully with the help of interested users.
>
> Ok, let's merge this.

Will do.