On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 16:39 +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we just had some fun here with incompatible native libraries. A program
> was built against some 2.2 release and was then started on a target with
> 2.3 libs installed. The result: undefined symbol rt_mutex_lock. The
> reason: this function was renamed to rt_mutex_acquire in trunk to
> resolve a naming conflict in recent kernels.
>
> So we now have incompatible libraries and should either increment some
> version number of libnative or export the necessary aliases for
> lock/unlock. What is preferred?

The Xenomai ABI has been kept compatible between versions, so we want to
provide the proper aliases for user-space; the conflict is kernel-space
only, and there is no reason to ask user-space apps to conform to some
obscure change that took place within the vanilla kernel API. Actually,
I already wrappers in include/native/mutex.h, but unfortunately as
macros, so dynamic binding could not work. I'm fixing this. Thanks.