Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the new Xenomai example repository has been created. I don't want to
>> repeat here what is explained already on the related wiki page, please
>> have a look at
>>
>>     http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/Examples
>>
>> Instead, let me sketch what could be done next:
>>
>>  o Port existing examples, snippets, demos from ksrc/skins/* over, make
>>    them compilable and runnable if required.
>>
>>  o Identify what kind of examples are lacking. You, the user, is needed
>>    here. What do *you* think is missing, what would be helpful to show?
>>
>>  o Check what is needed to compile kernel-based examples over PPC 2.4.
>>    Philippe indicated that some switches are likely missing (x86 is fine
>>    already, other archs are 2.6-only).
>
> Some time ago I sent a patch for RTnet using the "kernel CFLAGS
> capturing" trick to get proper switches for 2.4:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9493711&forum_id=24610
>

> We could do the same trick here.

Yeah, I had a look at this before. The point is that I would prefer to
keep things _simple_ and self-contained. This capturing requires some
helper Makefile and complex call nestings that likely only people with
advanced make and shell skills can understand and adopt to their projects.

But maybe things are that complicated already, and this is just
different complexity. How do you compile simple out-of-tree modules
against 2.4 PPC kernels? Are there any standard flags? Or is it
different for each board or each compiler version or whatever?