On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 14:19 +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> Anyway, there is an unreleased work-in-progress patch for x86 over -rc6
> by Philippe. I recently had the chance to test it and hack a bit on the
> SMP IO-APIC part. It seems to work fine under UP, but SMP had some
> issues that are identified, but still need to be addressed - thanks to
> genirq, now in a widely arch-independent way.
>
> Philippe, I know you are very busy, but shouldn't we make a pre-release
> available already, also to discuss further how to deal best with genirq
> on other platforms beyond x86?

Actually, the draft patch I sent you did not boot on my SMP box today,
so qemu seems to have been a bit too friendly. Knowing that, issuing a
half-baked patch would have made no sense, so I finally refrained from
doing that. Since I'm now basically in love with the genirq layer (at
least for x86) compared to the utter mess that we had to endure
previously, I've decided to tackle the issue completely, and rewrite the
I-pipe interrupt flow in order to leverage it. Will post something asap.