On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 10:36 +0100, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> Philippe Gerum wrote:

> >> Actually, the draft patch I sent you did not boot on my SMP box today,
> >> so qemu seems to have been a bit too friendly. Knowing that, issuing a
> >> half-baked patch would have made no sense, so I finally refrained from
> >> doing that. Since I'm now basically in love with the genirq layer (at
> >> least for x86) compared to the utter mess that we had to endure
> >> previously, I've decided to tackle the issue completely, and rewrite the
> >> I-pipe interrupt flow in order to leverage it. Will post something asap.
> >>

> > Ok, here we are. I've just merged 2.6.19-ipipe-1.6-00. It has been
> > tested on a low-end classic Pentium 90Mhz, a dusty two-way Celeron
> > 750Mhz, and on a terrible Celeron 1GHz oldish laptop. Looks ok so far,
> > and even passed the horrid "dohell" test on the SMP box, just smiling.
> > However, I don't have the required hw at hand to check if our friend the
> > MSI support is not killing us once more. This said, the MSI support in
> > 2.6.19 also conforms to the genirq specs, so there's hope.
> >
> > The patch is available from the Adeos download area, and I've also
> > committed it to the SVN trunk/.
> >
> > Feedback welcome,
> >
> > PS: I have the corresponding quilt-managed patches available upon
> > request, to the people who want to use this work as a reference for
> > porting to other archs.
>
> You mean that you have separate patches for the common and arch
> dependent part.

Mostly, yes. The patches are split by function, but this usually
correlates with the noarch / arch-specific break down view too.

http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v2.6/i386/split/

>  As a consequence we
> could provide separated patches in general and prepare-kernel.sh applies
> them in sequence. Just an idea for the future.

Problem is that we would have to store a set of patches for each Adeos
version/arch combo, instead of a single one. What advantage do you see
in breaking the Adeos patches down for prepare-kernel.sh?