Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>
>>Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>>Because exec_prefix (=>bindir) may be different from prefix
>>>(=>pkgdatadir), thus there is no fixed relation between the .runinfo
>>>location and the binaries until after the installation.
>>
>>Since the testsuite scripts are supposed to be run on the target, I
>>think they should be installed under exec_prefix.
>>

> I didn't come across some scenario yet where I had to split exec_prefix
> from prefix. So I followed this definition:
>
> "Generally, $(exec_prefix) is used for directories that contain
> machine-specific files (such as executables and subroutine libraries),
> while $(prefix) is used directly for other directories."
>
> As the scripts just like the .runinfos are certainly
> machine-independent, my feeling is that prefix is the right thing.

At some point in time:
https://mail.gna.org/public/xenomai-help/2006-09/msg00181.html

I started to use exec_prefix and prefix for separating the binaries,
libraries and script that need to be installed on the target from the
include files, documentation and xeno-config script that need to be
installed on the host.

--
                                                 Gilles Chanteperdrix