Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in order to test the nocow patch, I wrote the attached test. Despite the
> fact that there is no longer any page fault (I have nucleus debugging
> on, so I would get a message if there was a fault), there is still an
> unwanted mode switch at step 5. Any idea what could be the cause ?

Put in some xntrace_user_freeze(0) before or after the point-of-interest
in the program, switch on the tracer, and check ipipe/trace/frozen (with
appropriate back_trace_points or post_trace_points) what is going on.
Once you know the particular code path, instrumenting it can also be
done this way: xntrace_special(some_id, some_value_of_interest).