On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 16:36 +0100, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in order to test the nocow patch, I wrote the attached test. Despite the
> > fact that there is no longer any page fault (I have nucleus debugging
> > on, so I would get a message if there was a fault), there is still an
> > unwanted mode switch at step 5. Any idea what could be the cause ?
>
> I added a show_stack(NULL, NULL) in xnshadow_relax, and I get the
> following stack trace:
> xnshadow_relax
> hisyscall_event

  ^^^ Eeek... Which would mean that we would somehow be running the
hi-stage handler for a task on behalf of, say, xnshadow_harden()? Could
you confirm the backtrace? Any chance the frame unwinding went south
here?

Dumping the muxid/muxop pair for the hisyscall_event call which attempts
to relax the underlying task might be interesting.