Steven Scholz wrote:
> Gilles,
>
>>> Sure but I would still not expect the system to hang!
>>> As I said missing a deadline is bad but ok.
>>> But hanging the whole system is not quite ok.
>> I want this bug solved too, especially since I am not sure that we will
>> only see it with too short periods.
>
> Makes us two! ;-)
>
>> I would add the call to printascii(printk_buff) directly in vprintk, and
>> use printk. Note however that special care must be taken to avoid
>> recursion when calling printk inside schedule, because printk may use
>> schedule. Anyway, I think the tracer will give better results than a
>> simple backtrace.
> Ok. Thanks.
>
> So what exactly shell I do? I have never worked with "the tracer".

Start here: http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/I-pipe:Tracer

I haven't followed all details (while hacking on other bugs :)), but you
have two options to catch a trace: the one described on that page *if*
your board survives the crash, or via ipipe_trace_panic_freeze()
followed by ipipe_trace_panic_dump() (+ switching to sync printk mode
first).

I'm currently cooking a patch to include the IRQ and domain states in
the latter output (they are available via /proc/ipipe/trace/frozen already).