On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 15:26 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi Philippe
>
>  First off, thanks for all your hard work and late nights (and the rest of
> the
> team) for the x86_64.
>
>  Initial results look promising with the latency test reporting figures in
> the
> 0.5 to 4 uSec range under light load. A kernel compile bumps the wost up to
> 9-14uSec.

Not bad. Is this a UP or SMP config, and which kind of box did run the
tests precisely?

>  Firing up X,KDE, and a gamut of desktop apps really kills the
> numbers though - ~267uSec being the worst recorded so far,

Ok, the latter looks clearly pathological. The trace should tell us
more.

>  however, once
> X/KDE has started up, latencies are generally <30uSec.
>
> One small problem to report from the compile... With
> CONFIG_XENO_OPT_NUCLEUS=m, the build fails with:
>
> WARNING: "cpu_gdt_descr" [kernel/xenomai/nucleus/xeno_nucleus.ko] undefined!
> make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
>
> What would the preferred solution be - Export cpu_gdt_descr as it is with
> i386, or force xeno_nucleus to be built in ?

We can export it, it's already a global symbol anyway. I've now added
the proper EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL in my local repo. Thanks for pointing this
out.