On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 21:37 +0100, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Ok, I will do it. Do you have an URL of a datasheet at hand (since the
>  > > x86 code does not work, there must be some difference) ?
>  >
>  > AFAICS, you still have an i387 to deal with. I would rather suspect an
>  > issue with some revised logic in the regular task switching code.
>  > Sidenote: the Xenomai/x86_64 switch code eliminates the "switch-to-self"
>  > issue we discussed recently for x86, and I noticed this would break our
>  > x86 FPU logic doing so, so maybe there is something to dig here. I'll
>  > check this asap.
> I got switchtest to work on x86 without the "switch-to-self" switch,
> both with and without fxsr, could you try the following patch on
> x86_64 ?

Eh, that's a strike, thanks. The switchtest now works smoothly with this
patch applied. Added to the fact that I've just fixed the CONFIG_SMP
+CONFIG_PREEMPT issue [1], what remains to get a fully functional
preliminary x86_64 port is to solve the CONFIG_SMP+CONFIG_IPIPE_TRACE,
and we should be done.

>From that point, the rest is about chasing latency spots if any, and
solve still-to-be-raised issues.