Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
 > Hello,
> > here is the boot log of an hangup of 2.6.20 with I-pipe 1.7-02 and > Xenomai todays trunk. I already reported this hangup a while ago but now > I get an oops. At that time Gilles said that lapic on old Athlons might > be buggy. Does the attached boot log confirm this assumption? 2.6.20-rt8 > is working, BTW.

What I had observed with an old Athlon were some random lockups. I was
trying to setup a samba print server at the time, and the lockup always
occured when some windows machine was trying to use the shared printer
through network. I think the IO-APIC was also enabled. Then, at some
later time, I read somewhere on the internet that the IO-APIC or LAPIC
could be buggy on some Athlons, so I understood what had happened to
me. So, I did not investigate this issue any further.

I didn't either, especially because it works with lapic disabled in the kernel config. I just thought that this oops might be useful to somebody.

Wolfgang.