Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Stephan Zimmermann wrote:
>> Jan Kiszka schrieb:

>>> FYI: Switching prio-coupling off doesn't let it trigger anymore. Which
>>> /may/ mean that it's related to this feature, but which may also mean
>>> that this corner-case race is just far more unlikely in non-RPI setups
>>> (and the effects Stephan see are all related to the same bug -
>>> hopefully).
>>>
>>> Jan
>>>
>> To trigger you again, I just updated my Pentium M Notebook to 2.3.x svn
>> revision 2264, recompiled everything and gave it a try. (kernel 2.6.20)
>> Some runs of my already well-known software and the machine freezes
>> during shutdown. No oops, no backtrace, no error message. It doesn't
>> matter if priority coupling is enabled or not, when it tells me
>> 'Stopping K Display Manager: kdm' the cursor freezes, that's it. My
>> colleague report's the same beahviour on his AMD SMP mashine. The
>> Celeron M crashes during reboot showing ugly backtraces like before.
                           ^^^^
_Re_boot - now I read your message correctly. So you are not facing
elementary boot issues on some boxes, but always memory corruption
*after* running your demo code, right?

Then we should try to find out what mechanism of Xenomai might cause the
corruption. Could you, step by step, simplify your test, e.g. leaving
out some of the tasks or not using the message queues? This would help
to focus the analysis on (hopefully) only a few facilities.

Still, the compiler question remains relevant. 2.6.20 e.g. warns me that
gcc 4.1.0 may miscompile the kernel (but I'm using a SUSE-patched
version that so far behaves).