On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 12:49 +0100, Steven Scholz wrote:
> Philippe,

> >> How could I check this using the tracer? Small hint please?
> >
> > http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/I-pipe:Tracer
>
> "Traces can be generated in many ways. One happens automatically when
> CONFIG_IPIPE_TRACE_IRQSOFF is enabled."
>
> What exactly does that mean? That one trace is generated during boot?

That means that several sources of trace points exist, one of them being
controlled by the IRQSOFF switch. MCOUNT cause a trace to be emitted
upon each function entry, and so on.

> "Another way is to invoke the testsuite, namely latency or irqbench with the
> option -f to trigger a freeze on each new maximum latency."
>
> What exactly does "trigger a freeze" mean?

A snapshot of the current trace log, kept from being overwritten in a
separate memory upon freeze, that you can access
through /proc/ipipe/trace/frozen.