>>Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>
>>>fast-tsc-to-ns-v2.patch
>>>
>>>    [Rebased, improved rounding of least significant digit]
>>
>>Rounding in the fast path for the sake of the last digit was silly.
>>Instead, I'm now addressing the ugly interval printing via
>>xnarch_precise_tsc_to_ns when converting the timer interval back into
>>nanos. -v3 incorporating this has just been uploaded.
>>

> After noticing yesterday that even unpatched Xenomai sometimes converts
> inaccurately when showing small timer intervals under /proc, I just got
> an idea how to address this beautification issue even better: -v4 now
> rounds up in the slow, precise tsc-to-ns path, see
>
> http://www.rts.uni-hannover.de/rtaddon/patches/xenomai/fast-tsc-to-ns-v4.patch

I am the one who decided of the rounding behaviour of llimd, RTAI
version had the same rounding policy as the one you propose, and I made
it for the following reasons:
- rouding towards 0 is the policy used by the C language, so doing this
for llimd made it consistent with what one expects from C code;
- values computed by llimd are used to program timers, and we prefer the
timer to be programmed for a too short value than for a too long value.

--
                                                 Gilles Chanteperdrix