On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:20:11 +0200
Jan Kiszka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Daniel Simon wrote:
> > On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:44:47 +0200
> > Jan Kiszka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, opening a new thead forking from the one opened yesterday by Arnaud
> > Desvages
> I moved the thread to xenomai-core, hope you don't mind.

OK,  I guess it is the right place

> > Our goal is computing the accumulated cost of some selected real-time tasks
> > to get an image of the  cpu load.
> >
> > What we need is a record of  the accumulated execution time of the
> > rt_tasks (not the response time, hence the instants when the task is
> > preempted or suspended must not be counted).
> > This record must be accessible at any time, either from the calling
> > task or by another one.
> >
> > Our current patch only does that for tasks running in primary mode (and
> > moreover the measure seems not correctly updated for the calling
> > task record).
> >
> > Thus we would be very happy to get an improved instrumentation api.
> > I understand that  xnstat_runtime_update() handles the measure we need?
> It was designed to collect precise runtime statistics to be displayed in
> /proc/xenomai/stat. We would just have to keep a total counter for each
> task as dumping /proc resets the statistics ATM.
> > Making it available, e.g.  via a rt_task_inquire call, would be great!
> Well, the best (==most comfortable :o) ) way from my POV would be if you
> could try rebasing your work on your own first. Questions, even on minor
> details, are always welcome, review on patches will be provided. Should
> be no problem to get this into Xenomai 2.4.
> The rough to-do list would be:
>  o add some persistent runtimer counter to xnthread::stat and maintain
>    it
>  o introduce an xnpod service (inline function) to obtain it (let that
>    thing return [0..LONGLONG_MAX] when stats are available, -1
>    otherwise)
>  o export the runtime via struct rt_task_info, maybe also the task start
>    time
> Jan
I am afraid that it is far beyond my own programming capabilities, and I have no
longer skilled enough students at hand...
Anyway there are some highly skilled (and overloaded) engineers around, i'll try
to hire one of them!

       Daniel SIMON    Projet NeCS  INRIA Rhone-Alpes
        Inovallee, 655 avenue de l'Europe, Montbonnot
             38 334 Saint Ismier Cedex France
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] Phone:(33)476615328 Fax:(33)476615252