We (Adeneo) are working on a ARM AT91 RTAI. We encountered some
difficulties such tsc one : in periodic mode, we reload our timer automatically
in order to avoid reprogramming it. TC timer increments a 16 byte register,
which is not enough for a tsc (64 bytes). tsc need to be emulated on ARM.
                With oneshot mode, tsc is updating the 4 least significant
bytes and then increments other bytes each time counter go back to zero value.

                With our periodic mode, timer reloads himself so we need to
change tsc emulation by incrementing tsc like this : tsc += period.
                We made some evolutions on ipipe which will be applied to a hal
patch.

                Are you interrested in a such patch for a periodic mode on ARM ?