2007/6/9, Gilles Chanteperdrix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
>  > 2007/6/8, Gilles Chanteperdrix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  > > BOUIN Alexandre wrote:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > > When we released our last version of
> adeos-ipipe-2.6.19-arm-AT91.patch, we suggested to merge code for at91rm9200
> and at91sam926x.
>  > >  > > These 2 code are split but quite similar, so we think it could be a
> good idea. Are you OK for removing duplicated code ?
>  > >
>  > > If I have to choose between duplicating some Linux code in I-pipe code
>  > > and have some duplication in the I-pipe patch, I choose duplication in
>  > > the I-pipe patch. If you duplicate Linux code, you will have to avoid
>  > > forgetting to update this duplicate code when Linux code evolves.
>  > >
>  >
>  > Well the first mail wasn't very clear. I am going to explain what we
>  > have in mind.
>  >
>  > In Linux code for AT91 timer there are two files: at91sam926x_time.c
>  > and at91rm9200_time.c because AT91RM9200 and AT91SAM926x have
>  > different system timer: AT91RM9200 use AT91_ST peripheral and
>  > AT91SAM926x use AT91_PIT peripheral.
>
> I was somehow thinking that there was something else in at91xx_time.c
> than what is enclosed in #ifdef CONFIG_IPIPE. I was wrong.
>
> Now, I have another question: is there no way to use the AT91_PIT
> peripheral in one shot mode ?

PIT is for Peridodic Interval Timer, and after reading the datasheet
it seems that this peripheral is not made for one shot timer.
All we can do is force PIT to stop after a reset but in all case when
PIT reach the programmable overflow it reset. We can't use it a free
running counter.

>  What is the resolution of this PIT ?

The resolution of PIT is MCK/16

> In any case, please send a patch, this will make a real base for
> discussion.

Ok I will try to do that.

--
Gregory CLEMENT