On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 10:03 +0200, Benjamin ZORES wrote:
> Philippe Gerum wrote:
> > FWIW, I've almost finished an I-pipe port over 2.6.21 also using the
> > arch/powerpc tree. It relies on the genirq layer which makes things way
> > more comfortable, and which does not require to redefine particular ack
> > routines but rather keep the original irqchip handlers.
> >

> Hello Philippe,
>
> Do you have any news about the 2.6.21 port ?
> Is there something that can be tested ?
> > This should get better when the I-pipe/powerpc development is merged
> > into the main git repo here, which should happen in a reasonable future:
> > http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=ipipe-2.6.git;a=summary
> >

> There's not much about PowerPC arch changes right there.
> Is the development stuck ? :-(
>
> Thanks for any news.

Highest priority goes to closing the merge window before 2.4-rc1 which mostly
consists of integrating all generic core changes, and we are already late on
this.

2.6.21/powerpc will be there for 2.4 final; but since we do have a decent
2.6.19/ppc support available already, the former will have to wait
because it is not on the critical path - AFAIC, that is.