Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > I was afraid you would insist on this support. ;)

Well, clock_settime is almost the only service missing in posix skin,
and since I saw in Thomas Gleixner slides that one reason for not using
Xenomai is that its posix support is incomplete, I am eager to implement
the missing services (and to remove the sentence "xenomai posix skin is
a work in progress" from posix skin text file).

 > There are two ways to implement this:
 >
 >  A) The poor man's variant
 >
 >     On xntbase_adjust_time() (the code will change again, pay attention!
 >     ;) ), iterate over all pending timers (or over all timers in the
 >     base that POSIX uses?) and fix those which do not have the recently
 >     introduced XNTIMER_MONOTONIC flag set. "Poor man" because it's
 >     simple, but it scales poorly.
 >
 >  B) The scalable but complex one
 >
 >     Introduce a second time base for each existing one (or for the one
 >     that POSIX uses?), put in all the adjustable (realtime) timers. We
 >     then only need to play with the base's clock offset on adjustment,
 >     but we would also have to include that offset into timeout
 >     considerations inside the timer interrupt handler.
 >
 > I wonder now if the number of use cases where people are playing with
 > the wallclock all over the time while a significant amounts of timers
 > are pending is actually worth the troubles of B)... What do you think?

I think one use of clock_settime would be to resync Xenomai clock with
Linux one from time to time, but even if we implemented B, that would be
a bad idea because of the effect on timers. So, A would be enough for me.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.