Jan Kiszka wrote:
> I couldn't resist, the approach looked too simple and appealing:
> http://www.rts.uni-hannover.de/rtaddon/patches/xenomai/rt-caps-group.patch
>
> Actually, it's even more advanced than realtime-lsm in so far as it also
> checks for secondary group membership. You can use the nucleus module
> parameter "xenomai_gid" to control the Xenomai group, also during
> runtime using /sys.
>
> Works nicely for me. I'm able to run testsuite programs under my user
> account that now additionally belongs to the "xenomai" group. :)
>
> Jan

I used the patch (and reversed my modification of MLOCK_LIMIT) and this
works OK now, on a plain 2.3.1 version. Thanks!

One thing I would like to see is to have the xenomai_gid parameter as a
kernel config parameter, next to the module parameter. The default can
be -1, but I would like to have my configured xenomai-group as the
default value, so I don't have to pass an extra parameter or modify
/sys/module/xeno_nucleus/parameters/xenomai_gid.

Kind regards,
    Johan Borkhuis