Philippe Gerum wrote:
> Our development trunk now contains the necessary support for running
> Xenomai over 2.6.22/x86. This work boils down to enabling Xenomai to use
> the generic clock event device abstraction that comes with newest
> kernels. Other archs / kernel versions still work the older way, until
> all archs eventually catch up with clockevents upstream.
>
> This support won't be backported to 2.3.x, because it has some
> significant impact on the nucleus. Tested as thoroughly as possible here
> on low-end and mid-range x86 boxen, including SMP.
>
> Please give this hell.
>
> http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v2.6/i386/adeos-ipipe-2.6.22-rc6-i386-1.9-00.patch

Ive been running 22-rc7 on my Sony VAIO with this patch applied since
July 3,

the only thing wrong Ive seen is that perl ( both bleed and maint )
is failing its time related regression tests.
ie
    rsync -avz rsync://public.activestate.com/perl-current/ .
    rsync -avz rsync://public.activestate.com/perl-5.8.x .

Failed 3 tests out of 1429, 99.79% okay.
        ../ext/Time/HiRes/t/HiRes.t
        ../lib/Benchmark.t
        op/time.t

the lib/Benchmark.t test is hanging, and must be killed manually.

These tests pass on Fedora -
Linux harpo.jimc.earth 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Jun 19 19:27:14 EDT
2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

thanks