Philippe Gerum wrote:
> Our development trunk now contains the necessary support for running
> Xenomai over 2.6.22/x86. This work boils down to enabling Xenomai to use
> the generic clock event device abstraction that comes with newest
> kernels. Other archs / kernel versions still work the older way, until
> all archs eventually catch up with clockevents upstream.
> This support won't be backported to 2.3.x, because it has some
> significant impact on the nucleus. Tested as thoroughly as possible here
> on low-end and mid-range x86 boxen, including SMP.
> Please give this hell.

Ive been running 22-rc7 on my Sony VAIO with this patch applied since
July 3,

the only thing wrong Ive seen is that perl ( both bleed and maint )
is failing its time related regression tests.
    rsync -avz rsync:// .
    rsync -avz rsync:// .

Failed 3 tests out of 1429, 99.79% okay.

the lib/Benchmark.t test is hanging, and must be killed manually.

These tests pass on Fedora -
Linux 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Jun 19 19:27:14 EDT
2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux