On 8/7/07, Jan Kiszka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> > The fact that you are in a hurry should not be an excuse to propose a
> > fix which is much worse than the bug itself.
>
> Please explain.

Using GFP_ATOMIC is not a good idea, because the kernel needs the
GFP_ATOMIC pools for allocation that take place from really atomic
contexts such as interruption handlers for instance. fork should not
be an atomic context.

So the only reason I see why you propose this patch is because you are
in a hurry. Ok, before we fix this properly, you can use GFP_ATOMIC
locally, but please do not make
this an official patch.

--
                                               Gilles Chanteperdrix