[Switching the account to underline again that this is my personal POV.]

Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> 2007/10/9, Jan Kiszka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Gregory CLEMENT wrote:

>>> And you think we didn't contribute to adeos projects, test new version
>>> and report result???
>>> Because it is exactly what we have done.
>> You did this for the startup of this port, and it is highly appreciated.
>> But such things require lasting effort. Probably I'm just so sceptical
>> because there have been many people before posting patches once and then
>> never again. Just look at RTAI's ARM history of the last, mmh, 4 years.
>> I'm always happy being proved wrong regarding such scepticisms of mine!
>
> There is no more post on adeos mailing list just because we didn't
> change it, since our last post.
> As I mentioned earlier we just set dbgu priority level at a different
> level, it is not a big change, but I will post the patch for it.

Tiny change, but probably significant impact. Every generic improvement
is worth posting. You will help others to exploit it, and you will also
allow other professionals to give you feedback on the changes. The old
story of open source.

>>> Our result on RTAI are pretty recent, and the lack of discussion on it
>>> is only a lack of time and not a lack of wiling.
>> Then I'm looking forward to have this now, e.g. backed up with tracer
>> outputs of both variants.
>
> As I mentionned, that for now, I am deep under load ? Because I am,
> and so I will do my best but time is not extensible unforutnately.

I understand that (as long as you do not spread half-explained
benchmarks at the same time). Well, maybe you then recall even better
the concerns I sent you earlier about required future maintenance
efforts vs. available time...