Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > Again, the priority should not be the issue. The issue is likely that a
 > pending or just being handled non-RT IRQ can stall some RT IRQ at
 > hardware level. That must not happen. I-pipe rather has to log,
 > acknowledge, and possibly mask that line quickly so that RT IRQs can be
 > delivered again.

Thinking a bit more about my ethernet vs timer issue. If, when an
ethernet interrupt is pending, adeos is not aware that there is also a
timer interrupt pending, it will call the ethernet interrupt handler
immediately then unmask the interrupt. So, Adeos will never have a
chance to handle the timer interrupt before another ethernet interrupt
is handled. Ergo, giving the timer interrupt the highest priority is
what must be done.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.