Hi,

As Philippe has been suggesting it, I've been testing v2.4-rc4 on x86
(not favourite board though :) with the RTAI skin (not my favourite skin
too).
Anyway, a legacy RTAI application which was fine with v2.3.2/2.6.20, is
now
freezing the box randomly in the first 30 seconds. On the other hand,
the programs from the testsuite are running stable. So we may rule out
a problem in the I-Pipe/kernel.

For the legacy RTAI application to load, the attached patch was
necessary.
The patch against ksrc/skins/rtai/shm.c is somewhat defeating the
purpose
of a lower XNCORE_PAGE_SIZE, so a better fix might be expected.

The box is running FC5 on a pentium D, but kernel is compiled for UP.
$ cat /proc/ipipe/version
1.10-09
$ cat /proc/xenomai/version
2.4-rc4
$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.23.1 () (gcc version 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat
4.1.1-51))

The kernel config file is attached.

I'm currently stripping down the RTAI code out of the application
in order to have a simple testbed reproducing the freeze.

In the mean time, does anyone have a clue where to look particularly?

TIA
--
Stephane