The I-pipe/i386 has been ported to 2.6.24-rc1, so that we could swallow
the i386/x86_64 merge which just happened upstream, without having to
fiddle at the same time with the slew of other core changes which will
hit the street before 2.6.24 is released. You need the latest trunk/ to
configure Xenomai for this kernel properly, or at least update those two
files:

- scripts/prepare_kernel.sh
- ksrc/arch/i386/Kconfig.

Please check if this patch runs your x86 hw reasonably well, while I'm
busy merging ksrc/arch/{i386, x86_64} on the Xenomai side. The plan is
to have a unified x86* tree for Xenomai 2.4 which has to work with all
supported kernel releases, including 2.6.24. Yes, I know we are in -rc
phase, but such merge should mostly reshuffle the directory layout, and
not the implementation per se, otherwise, it will have to wait for 2.5.

At the end of the day (i.e. sometime during the v2.4 maintenance cycle),
we should have the I-pipe/x86_64 merged with the I-pipe/i386 support,
leading to the I-pipe/x86-2.0 series, on top of 2.6.24, and all of that
usable with a unified ia32/64 Xenomai support, which is basically what
we already have now on the powerpc side of the universe.

http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v2.6/i386/adeos-ipipe-2.6.24-rc1-i386-1.10-11.patch

PS: slightly tested here. Looks ok, sun is still shining, birds are
still singing, hardware is not burning - yet.