> arch_setup_msi_irq() creates an IRQ on-the-fly from the current
> descriptor which is being converted to an MSI interrupt using
> pci_msi_enable(). From that point, the I-pipe might have an obsolete
> view of the interrupt map. I suspect an I-pipe issue here.

I think the I-pipe is alright. It only cares for the actual interrupt
numbers and irq_desc[] should be current with these numbers upon the
ipipe_virtualize_irq call, which occurs only after enabling MSI, right ?

Currently it looks like every PCI config space access instruction in
read_msi_msg() (used to perform set_msi_irq_affinity) freezes the machine. I
have absolutely no clue yet why this happens.