you recently said there is a bug in the x86_64 support when syscall
tracing is enabled. Now I think I stepped on it as well: In order to
validate my APIC frequency patches for that arch, I wanted to use LTTng
there. But as soon as I start the trace, the latency test fails to run,
prematurely exiting due to a segfault. Gdb and the kernel say that user
land jumped to address 0, I just yet failed to find out where they come
from. I strongly assume LTTng enables syscall tracing, because its
entry/exit instrumentations are inside the hook function

Do you have any further details on your tracing issue? Does may
observation correlates with yours?