Hi,

I am chasing a slab corruption bug which happens on a Xenomai+RTnet
enabled box under heavy non real-time network load (which passes
through rtnet and rtmac_vnic to Linux which does NAT and resend it to
another rtmac_vnic). When reading some I-pipe tracer traces, I
remarked that I forgot to replace a local_irq_save/local_irq_restore
with local_irq_save_hw/local_irq_restore_hw in a real-time interrupt
handler. I fixed this bug, and the slab corruption seems to be gone.

So, my question is: is it possible ? I mean, if local_irq_restore in
the real-time interrupt handler calls __ipipe_sync_stage, the root
domain is not stalled, so there should be no problem Linux-wise
playing root domain interrupts, I would rather expect the I-pipe state
to be jammed (after all, we are probably reentering functions that
should not be reentered), not Linux state.

--
                                               Gilles Chanteperdrix