On Nov 13, 2007 6:10 PM, Philippe Gerum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

> >> Hope you mean rtdm_lock_irqsave/irqrestore instead. Otherwise Xenomai's
> >> domain state would not be updated appropriately - which is at least
> >> unclean.
> >
> > It is some low level secondary timer handling code, there is no rtdm
> > involved. The code protected by the interrupt masking routines is one
> > or two inline assembly instructions.
> >
> >> BTW, CONFIG_IPIPE_DEBUG_CONTEXT should have caught this bug as well.
> >
> > I am using an old I-pipe pacth without CONFIG_IPIPE_DEBUG_CONTEXT.
> > I-pipe patch and Xenomai update is scheduled for when RT applications
> > and drivers porting will be finished.
> >
> > Besides the BUG_ON(!ipipe_root_domain_p) in ipipe_restore_root and
> > ipipe_unstall_root are unconditional.
> >

> What bothers me, is that even looking at the old 1.3 series here and on,
> the code should exhibit a call chain like
> local_irq_restore -> raw_local_irq_restore() -> __ipipe_restore_root ->
> __ipipe_unstall_root -> __ipipe_sync_stage, without touching the current
> domain pointer, which is ok, since well, it has to be right in the first
> place. If we were running over a real-time handler, then I assume the
> Xenomai domain was active. So BUG_ON() should have triggered if present
> in __ipipe_unstall_root.

I am using an I-pipe arm 1.5-04 (now that I have done cat
/proc/ipipe/version, I really feel ashamed). And it has no BUG_ON in
__ipipe_unstall_root or __ipipe_restore_root. I promise, one day, I
will switch to Xenomai 2.4.

> Additionally, calling __ipipe_sync_pipeline() would sync the current
> stage, i.e. Xenomai, and run the real-time ISRs, not the Linux handlers.
>
> Mm, ok, in short: I have no clue.

The system runs stably, so I have to assume that calling
local_irq_restore in a real-time interrupt handler can cause slab
corruption. Strange.

--
                                               Gilles Chanteperdrix