Philippe Gerum wrote:
 > (...) In
 > future updates, we may want to rely on raw UART output when the platform
 > provides for it (currently, all blackfin, mpc52xx and some? ARM do, IIRC).

ARMs do have printascii, which outputs a string to the UART, it is
defined from include/asm-arm/arch-*/debug-macro.S, so I guess all ARM
architectures with a non-trivial debug-macro.S have a working
printascii. Note that compilation of printascii depends on the option
CONFIG_DEBUG_LL to be enabled in the kernel configuration.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.