On Jan 17, 2008 3:16 PM, Jan Kiszka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

> >> If they are misleading, depends on your perspective. In fact, they are
> >> measuring in-kernel scenarios over the standard Xenomai setup, which
> >> includes userland RT task activity these day. Those scenarios are mainly
> >> targeting driver use cases, not pure kernel-space applications.
> >>
> >> But I agree that, for !CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE-like scenarios, we
> >> would benefit from an additional set of test cases.
> >
> > Ok, I will not touch timerbench then, and implement another kernel module.
> >

> [Without considering all details]
> To achieve this independence of user space RT thread, it should suffice
> to implement a kernel-based frontend for timerbench. This frontent would
> then either dump to syslog or open some pipe to tell userland about the
> benchmark results. What do yo think?

My intent was to implement a protocol similar to the one of
timerbench, but using an rt-pipe, and continue to use the latency
test, adding new options such as -t 3 and t 4. But there may be
problems with this approach: if we are compiling without
CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE, latency will not run at all. So, it is
probably simpler to implement a klatency that just reads from the
rt-pipe.

--
                                               Gilles Chanteperdrix