Philippe,

what was the idea behind commit #3256 [1]? It breaks the original
behavior of selection adeos-ipipe-2.6.23-... in the presence of 2.6.23.x
- and leaves a bad first impression for beginners (I received such a
notice here...). Was this for the special case
adeos-ipipe-2.6.20.21-i386-1.12-02.patch? But I think the common case
should take precedence over this corner case here. Unless there are more
issues with the original version, I would vote for restoring it.

Alternatively, we could add a safety belt by trying to apply the patch
with --dry-run first and only continue if this works out without
failures. Can hack this up if it's acceptable.

Jan

[1]http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/xenomai/trunk/scripts/prepare-kernel.sh?rev=3257&view=diff&r1=3257&r2=3256&p1=trunk/scripts/prepare-kernel.sh&p2=/trunk/scripts/prepare-kernel.sh