Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>  > Please find attached a patch implementing these ideas. This adds some
>  > clutter, which I would be happy to reduce. Better ideas are welcome.
>  >
> Ok. New version of the patch, this time split in two parts, should
> hopefully make it more readable.

Ack. I'd suggest the following:

- let's have a rate limiter when walking the zombie queue in
__xnpod_finalize_zombies. We hold the superlock here, and what the patch
also introduces is the potential for flushing more than a single TCB at
a time, which might not always be a cheap operation, depending on which
cra^H^Hode runs on behalf of the deletion hooks for instance. We may
take for granted that no sane code would continuously create more
threads than we would be able to finalize in a given time frame anyway.

- We could move most of the code depending on XNARCH_WANT_UNLOCKED_CTXSW
 to conditional inlines in pod.h. This would reduce the visual pollution
a lot.