Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

 > Hi Philippe,
 >
 > here comes a new patch on the theme "reworking self deletion". This
 > time, execution of nkpod delete hooks is made before the context switch
 > whereas finalizing the thread takes place after the context
 > switch. Special care has been taken to call xnfreesync before we run the
 > hooks, in order to avoid freeing the thread control block before the
 > finalization, and xnheap_t::idleq was made a per-cpu thing for the same
 > purpose.
 >
 > I made a simple watchdog test with all debugs enabled, and
 > xnshadow_unmap did not complain.
 >
 > If you are OK with this patch, I will rebase the unlocked context switch
 > patch on it.

Thinking a bit more about the unlocked context switch case: do we
tolerate that an ISR may delete a thread that is not current ? Because
if an ISR deleted a non current thread, we would not run the hooks over
the deleted thread context, so we would be again in the case where
xnshadow_unmap is not run by current. Besides, at first sight, it seems
to simplify greatly the case of the unlocked context switch.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.