Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > In order to allow further optimizations of xnlock, I started with
 > refactoring the related system.h. This improves the readability
 > significantly, IMHO. It also happen to reduce the text size of
 > __xnlock_get a bit by avoid redundant rthal_processor_id read-outs.
 > 
 > Another quirk I happen to remove: xnlock debugging depends on
 > XENO_OPT_DEBUG_NUCLEUS, but needlessly we used to pick the debug version
 > of xnlock_t already with XENO_OPT_DEBUG.

There is a lot of whitespace change in this patch, which make it hard to
read.

Anyway, there are a few things I do not like in this patch:
- macro which make reference to symbols defined elsewhere
- functions arguments as macro, I find more readable the #ifdef with the
  different function prototypes, the code can be read without having to
  look at a different place.

Something we could be interesting would be to be able to enable
spinlocks debug in UP, which would enable real debugging xnlocks in this
case. I made an attempt of doing this on ARM some time ago, this
generated a kernel that would lockup at boot. But I think this is
something we should sort out.

-- 


                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.

_______________________________________________
Xenomai-core mailing list
Xenomai-core@gna.org
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/xenomai-core

Reply via email to