Dear Roland,

in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

> Is it worth providing a separate xenomai-solo package in Debian right
> now (considering it being propagated to Debian 5.0 and supported there
> in this form until ca. 2010), or should we wait until Xenomai/SOLO is
> integrated into Xenomai mainline?

Integration into Xenomai mainline means waiting for Xenomai 3, which
seems still a pretty long way to go.

On the other hand, you need a PREEMPT_RT enhanced  Linux  kernel  for
Xenomai/SOLO  to provide real-time behaviour which is probably needed
in most cases when you try and emulate a RTOS.  This  is  probably  a
bigger hurdle?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a  man,  his  brother,
because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.       - Voltaire