On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 08:52:26PM +0100, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> > I've looked into the first ones only yet and it looks to me like the
> > type definitions have to be reviewed carefully. For example, TASK_ID is
> > defined to be unsigned long, whereas the vxworks documentation [1] looks
> > more like if we need 'int' there. Which also makes me wonder if vxworks
> > has a special idea about what 'int' is;
>
> VxWorks assumes 32bit and sizeof(void *) == sizeof(int), unfortunately. See
> taskSpawn() for instance.

Yes, which probably means that using 'int' and friends is not a good
idea.

> Did you mean stdint.h?

Probably better, yes.

> What we need is an integer type which is able to carry a pointer on
> 32/64bit platforms, so we should rather use intptr_t I guess, as per
> C99, which expands as a long type. Object ids as unsigned long is a
> left over from the co-kernel version, where we use actual integer
> handles returned from kernel space, and not pointers in disguise. Will
> fix, thanks.

Hmm, if vxworks assumes "int" to be 32 bit, couldn't it lead to problems
if the pointer size itself isn't 32 bit as well?

> Merged, thanks.

Doesn't show up on
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=xenomai-solo.git;a=summary

?

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9