On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Tomas Kalibera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>
> > Of course, we are looking for all bugs. But please tell me: do you get
> > the lock-up even before fork is called ? If not, could you verify that
> > at least some Xenomai programs run correctly, for instance latency ?
> >

>  The lock up with patch 5 happens before fork is called, but after a
> real-time task is started by the program. I don't know better now - I'd have
> to add more logging.  If I run in strace, the lock-up does not happen.
>
>  Thinking about that, it can be a bug in my program. If I understand the
> concept of Xenomai correctly, I can just write a real-time task that would
> starve the Linux kernel indefinitely, correct ? My program definitely does
> have bugs. So I'll do more debugging.

Yes, you can starve Linux, but after 4seconds the Xenomai watchdog
should trigger. You can also starve Linux with a vanilla Linux
application running with the SCHED_FIFO scheduling policy, but in this
case, it is Linux soft lockup detector which should trigger. I see
that you have the two options enabled, so, the lockup is probably
another bug.

--
 Gilles