Am Sonntag, 18. Mai 2008 schrieb Philippe Gerum:
> Niklaus Giger wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I just tried to get a sample test program to run under Xenomai-SOLO
> > and run into this panic message:
> > Xenomai/SOLO: current implementation restricts VxWorkspriority levels to
> > range [-2..0]
> > looking at the code I found at taskLib.c
> >> 263     {
> >> 264             if (wind_prio < 0 || wind_prio > 255) /* In theory. */
> >> 265                     return S_taskLib_ILLEGAL_PRIORITY;
> >> 266
> >> 267             if (wind_prio >= threadobj_max_prio - 1) /* In practice. */
> >> 268                     panic("current implementation restricts VxWorks"
> >> 269                           "priority levels to range [%d..0]",
> >> 270                           threadobj_max_prio - 2);
> >> 271             return OK;
> > Therefore I seem to have only the option of priority 0 which is way too
> > limited.
> >

> The SOLO version is purely Linux native, so you only get what the underlying
> kernel provides you, including in terms of available priority scales. Since RT
> threads are members of the SCHED_FIFO class, you get 99 priority levels,
> unless
> you patch the vanilla kernel to handle more. The way to solve this properly
> for
> SOLO is to write a patch against PREEMPT_RT that allows wider priority scales,
> and to get it merged upstream.
Sorry, but you did not get my point. I tried to call it with priority 50, which
should be in this range, which I verified with gdb
(gdb) info stack
#0  panic (fmt=0xb7eebb90 "current implementation restricts VxWorkspriority
levels to range [%d..0]") at panic.c:45
#1  0xb7eea1ac in check_task_priority (wind_prio=50) at taskLib.c:268
#2  0xb7eea1d9 in __taskInit (task=0x9eda0e0, tcb=0x9eda10c, name=0xbfc43760
"BSysAsyncTimerMgrThread", prio=50, flags=0,
    entry=0x81281c4 <BSysOsWrapperThread_callback(int)>, stacksize=51200) at
taskLib.c:284
<...>

I am happy with the rang 0.99 and also will no run any latency tests, as
xenomai-SOLO is for me at the moment just a test bed to check for compiler
error etc, as at the moment I have no running powerpc kernel for my PPC440
target.

Best regards