Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Hi,
> next issue on my way towards fast native mutexes: as mutexes are now
> mostly acquired in user space, the recursion counter lockcnt will only
> be maintained in the context of the owning thread (at best: its process)
> in user space. No update on the kernel-side lockcnt will take place
> anymore, thus rt_mutex_inquire can only return 0 or 1, no > 1. Is it OK
> to break the ABI here?

I think so, we might lose some debug information, but that's the price for much
better performances. I can't imagine any sane code iterating lockcnt-times
blindly to unlock a mutex it owns until it is free. Nah, of course not...

Btw, I guess that the /proc information about mutexes would have to be reworked
as well.