Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>> Hi Gilles,
>>>
>>> we've integrated your unit_mutex and our native test, but now we
>>> stumbled over that __pse51_get_current_prio special syscall to check the
>>> dynamic thread priority (during pi tests). I guess that service only
>>> exists in your private patch queue? What are your plans about this in
>>> case we want to push the mutex test into mainline? Or should we check
>>> the thread prio indirectly (by waking up a lower-prio thread)?
>> I had plan to remove this from unit_mutex. OTOH, it may come in handy if
>> we start breaking the xnsynchs...
>
> Maybe one could invent some "pthread_inquire_np" so that the usefulness
> of this extension increases beyond unit tests.

Ok. What about splitting struct sched_param contents into two (16 bits)
members ? This way we would get the two priorities with an only
pthread_get_schedparam syscall.
On the other hand, when using pthread_inquire_np, we could get some more
insteresting information such as the task name, its current wchan, the
mutexes it holds etc...