Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Hi
> Shouldn't the signature not bee
> STATUS kernelInit(FUNCPTR rootRtn, int argc, const char * argv[]);
> instead of
> STATUS kernelInit(FUNCPTR rootRtn, int argc, char *const argv[]);
> I think this would be more like a classical definition "main".
>
> I have a classical definition of
>   int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> which permits mit to pass it to , const char * argv[]),
> whereas char *const argv[] is not an allowd cast.

Personnaly, I always used:

int main(int argc, const char *const argv[])

until the day when I started using getopt or getopt_long, which
prototype are:

int getopt(int argc, char * const argv[],
                  const char *optstring);
 int getopt_long(int argc, char * const argv[],
                  const char *optstring,
                  const struct option *longopts, int *longindex);

So, now, I always use:

int main(int argc, char *const argv[])

Maybe that is also the reason for the prototype of kernelInit ?