Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>
>> [1]http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.real-time.xenomai.devel/5412/focus=5405
>>
> always-put-xnthread-base-into-registry.patch:
>       I understand the need, but I will cowardly let Philippe decide whether
> he likes the implementation details.

I'm ok with the basic purpose of those changes, but if they are aimed at
allowing direct lookups from the xnsynch code into the registry so that base
object pointers can be safely assumed to be returned for threads, I would define
specialized xnthread_register() and xnthread_lookup() calls to explicitly state
that we do want to index struct xnthread pointers, and not any random type as
the registry would otherwise permit.

Also, for readability purpose, please factor the outer lookup code as much as
possible.

e.g.
static inline RT_TASK *lookup_task(xnhandle_t handle)
{
        return thread2rtask(xnthread_lookup(handle));
}