>> So we should warn the user (in the doc) that rt_task_set_priority will
>> leave an inconsistent priority distribution between Linux and Xenomai
>> behind? But what is that propagation path in xnpod_renice_thread_inner
>> good for then?
>>

> A failed attempt that used to work before the glibc folks decided to cache the
> priority level of threads locally. With the NPTL, it's useless and
> error-prone.

I think linuxthreads already did the caching. So, in fact, it probably
never really worked.

But what is funny is that glibc people have (or had) problems with that
caching too: when you passed priorities to pthread_create, whereas the
kernel used the correct priority, the user-space was not aware of this
priority, so pthread_getschedparam did not return the correct priority.
Which is probably the reason why we need to call pthread_setschedparam
in Xenomai libraries thread trampolines.