>> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>>> Author: gch
>>> Date: Sat Oct  4 23:11:09 2008
>>> New Revision: 4210

>>> Log:
>>> Call __real_pthread_setschedparam in order to inform the libc of the
>>> scheduling parameters change.
>> Well, I dropped this idea after realizing that it will kick us out of
>> primary mode in all cases. This change is an improvement (/wrt Linux
>> scheduling accuracy) for borderline threads, but it will cause
>> regressions for primary-only threads. I have no idea right now how to
>> make both happy, at least without explicit pthread_setschedparam
>> invocations by the user application.
>
> Well, we discussed this on the xenomai mailing list, you did not answer,
> so we assumed you agreed.

I do not find any hint in that thread that we agreed on changing the
implementation. Rather I took back my suggestion to do it like #4210.
And you proposed to install some signal for syncing glibc /wrt
priorities. When changing something, then I would say explore this path
first.

Turning rt_task_set_priority into secondary-mode service is a critical
change, and only the last resort if we consider its current
implementation as totally broken - I wouldn't say it is like that. It's
partially and, unfortunately, silently broken, ie. lacking documentation
about its limitations. But its perfectly OK for primary-only users.