>> This series fixes the issues around rt_task_inquire I posted yesterday.
>> Additionally, it introduces an analogous services pthread_inquire_np for
>> the POSIX skin. That allows, among other things, to implement test cases
>> for the upcoming fast xnsynch/mutex patches.
>
> Ok. Since this applies only for debugging purpose, and displaying
> whether a task is in primary mode may be use badly by users, maybe we
> should make this service a shadow syscall, and not export any interface
> to use it. This would further avoid duplication between the native and
> posix skins.

Debugging is not the holy, exclusive business of Xenomai hackers.

The inquire services are useful in libraries as well, when you want to
check if the caller complies to the call convention ("don't use in
primary mode", "caller's priority must not exceed X" or whatever).

That said, I'm open for unifying the code, maybe introducing some
xnthread_inquire.