> I do not like this patch. This sould be solved using the existing
> features system. I do not want SMP to be enabled by default.

On x86, SMP is already the default case, other archs will follow soon.
I'm also fine with keeping those arch at default off which support SMP,
but use it only rarely in practice yet. But at least for x86, staying
with UP as default will quickly become annoying.

That said, I have no problem with additionally enforcing the right
configuration via the feature system. Will add that.