Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>
>> Ok. I still liked the solution of using a piece of shared heap. This was
>> more general and would have allowed us to use this piece of shared heap
>> for future purposes.
>
> Shared heaps do not allow for the __thread optimization.

Actually, not true. But it would add a level of indirection to this path.

So, before adding support for something that /may/ be of interest in
future (and that still could be added at that time): What further use
cases for _per-thread_ data that is shared between user space and kernel
do you see? I do have the syscall-less real-time clock in mind, but that
will be globally shared data.